This is us
Husqvarna Group is a world leading producer of outdoor power products including chainsaws, trimmers, robotic lawn mowers and garden tractors.
The Group is also the European leader in garden watering products and a world leader in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The Group's products and solutions are sold under brands including Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch, Poulan Pro, Weed Eater, Flymo, Zenoah and Diamant Boart via dealers and retailers to end-customers in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2014 amounted to SEK 33 billion, and the Group had more than 14,000 employees in 40 countries.
The product offering covers a wide spectrum of applications for consumers and professional users within the following product categories:
- Wheeled products – Riders, garden tractors, zero-turn mowers, lawn mowers, tillers and snow throwers.
- Electric products - Robotic mowers, electric- and battery powered handheld and wheeled products.
- Handheld products – Petrol-powered chainsaws, trimmers, clearing saws, blowers and hedge trimmers.
- Watering & hand tools – Water-hoses, couplings, sprinklers, water controls, pumps and hand tools.
- Accessories – Accessories and replacement parts such as cutting equipment, lubricants, safety equipment and clothing.
- Construction products - Power cutters, demolition robots, drilling equipment, wall- and wire saws, tile saws, floor grinders and all related diamond tools. Diamond tools for stone.
Husqvarna and Gardena are the Group’s core brands but there are also additional regional brands.
The addressable market for forest and garden products in the regions and product segments where Husqvarna Group is active is estimated at SEK 150bn. In addition, there is an addressable market of around SEK 20bn for construction and stone products. The main geographical markets and product categories are mature and grow in line with the general economy.
Demand is mainly driven by the general economic trend. Activity in the market for single-family homes, purchasing power and consumer confidence are important drivers of demand. Average annual growth in global demand is estimated at 2-3%* in terms of volume over a business cycle. Strong local variations may occur as a result of weather conditions, primarily regarding garden equipment.