Objectives and achievements 2015
The management of Husqvarna Group has identified both long- and short-term objectives to measure progress towards becoming a more sustainable company. New objectives will be developed during 2016.
Develop environmentally sound products
- Develop and implement a roadmap for phasing out hazardous chemicals and substances in products and processes.
- Implement and apply the concept of environmental design in the product creation process.
- New IT-tool has been developed to improve the communication with suppliers regarding hazardous chemicals.
- RML - Restricted Material List has been updated with more hazardous substances.
- Achievements have been made, e.g. phasing out DEHP, but work remains.
- Staff in R & D and procurement trained regarding hazardous chemical substances in materials and components.
- The Construction division has started to train suppliers regarding hazardous chemical substances and chemical regulations.
More efficient use of energy and input materials
- Reduce energy consumption by 10 percent per produced equivalent unit and/or added value at production sites.
- Reduce carbon dioxide emissions per ton kilometer from transportation of goods.
- Implement and maintain ISO 14001 on production facilities with more than 100 employees. The goal is 100 percent, baseline 2012: 88 percent.
- Total energy consumption reduction of 2,4 percent (Year 2014: 2,9%), thanks to energy conservation initiatives. Baseline 2012: 379 291 MWh, year 2015: 370 307 MWh. Energy intensity reduction of 17,0 percent per net sales (Year 2014: 7,8%). Baseline 2012: 12,7 MWh/SEKm, year 2015: 10,5 MWh/SEKm.
- Transportation of goods – data is missing.
- 92 percent (Year 2014: 92%) of production facilities with more than 100 employees were certified. Baseline 2012: 88 percent.
Select suppliers that operate in a responsible manner
- Implement a unified program for risk mapping, supplier evaluation and supplier selection based on Husqvarna Group's Code of Conduct.
- Training in Environmental, Health and Safety for selected suppliers in China
- Number of Full Supplier Sustainability Audits (FSSA) conducted in Asia 2013: 7, 2014: 9, 2015: 4
- Number of follow up FSSA visits (re-audits) conducted in Asia 2015: 15
Reduce workplace accidents to zero
- Reduce number of accidents (measured in lost days) per million hours worked. Baseline 2012:5.1.
- Implement a unified health and safety management system within the Group.
- The lost workday accident rate improved to 3.3 (3.8).
- Continued implementation of a unified health and safety management system at all production and warehouse facilities.
Contribute to the professional development of each employee
- 80 percent of employees should undergo a performance review. Baseline 2012:67 percent.
- Employee Satisfaction Index target 85, as measured in the yearly employee survey. Baseline 2012:82.
- Stayed at 69 percent (69).
- Employee Satisfaction Index stayed at 84 (84).
Ensure employee adherence to the Code of Conduct
- 100 percent of managers in tier 1-3 to attend web-based training in the Group's Code of Conduct.
- 100 percent of purchase and sales personnel (i.e. tier 4 or corresponding to the level of key account managers and above) to attend web-based training in Husqvarna Group's Code of Conduct.
- Include Code of Conduct in the induction program for all new employees.
- Web-based training rolled out to 100% of managers in tier 1-4, with 80% of these having completed the training in 2015.
- Additional personnel (within Sales, Sourcing, Customer Service, etc.) trained based on needs identified by the divisions.
- In the United States and Canada, all salaried new hires regardless of division are enrolled in the online training.
- Code of Conduct included in induction programs.
Contribute to the development of communities
- Two community engagement projects per year at production facilities with more than 100 employees.
- Information on community engagement projects and contributions to be gathered at Group level.
- Several local community engagement projects started, among them supporting refugees in Europe.
- Data and stories from biggest sites collected and shared.